Einzelnen Beitrag anzeigen
11. June 2005, 14:29   #30
Ben-99
Ungültige E-Mail Angabe

... interessant auch der sehr ausführliche englischsprachige Artikel in "SPIEGEL SPECIAL - THE GERMANS" über Schumi, den "widerwilligen Helden":

http://service.spiegel.de/cache/inte...359859,00.html

Gruß Ben

Zitat:
The Germans are still considered the world's best automakers, and Ferrari, now more German than the Germans, probably owes its success to this fact. Nevertheless, for many Germans Formula One remains the realm of the machismo, of turbocapitalists and environmental vandals. Franz Muentefering, chairman of the Social Democrats (SPD), would voice this collective disapproval in January 2005, disparaging Schumacher's 7.5 million euro handout for tsunami relief in Asia with the words "I don't like it when someone donates 7.5 million but doesn't pay taxes."

(...)

During the noon meal before the Monza crash, he was silently twirling his spaghetti and, when asked what else he enjoyed in life apart from driving, he replied: soccer and my family.

"Do you read books?"

"I've read no more than 10 books in my entire life," he says.

"Do you watch movies or DVDs?"

"Rarely. At home practically never. Sometimes on the plane, when we're traveling. That's more likely."

"Have any movies impressed you during the past two years?"

"I can't think of any. So they can't have made much of an impact."

It was hot. But Michael Schumacher wasn't sweating as he talked. He was completely relaxed. It was quite touching. And, of course, a bit unnerving. He's going to keep driving.

In circles.